Thursday, April 10, 2014

Paragliding in Mendoza (Aventuras de un Yanqui)

The best part of studying abroad is the ability to do things you've never experienced before. To be fair, paragliding has nothing to do with Argentina (why people always attempt extreme sports while studying abroad is beyond me), but hey, it was something I hadn't experienced, so I went for it!
In this video I paraglide off one of the smaller mountains in the Andes region. The pilots who accompanied us were all very friendly and funny. My pilot said the job becomes a bit of an addiction, and I can see why. If I had the chance, I would do this every day for the rest of my life.
If I had the choice to either skydive or paraglide, I would definitely choose the latter. You're up in the air for about 15 to 20 minutes and you get a fantastic view of the mountain, so by the time you've landed you feel you've gotten your money's worth.
Rams, if you have time to study abroad--or better yet, if it works out within your major--I can't begin to tell you how much I encourage it. If you don't take that chance, you'll miss out on a lot of great opportunities.
See you next month! -Josh


No comments:

Post a Comment