Friday, April 4, 2014

Hello to you all!
I hope you all had a lovely time during spring break. I am sure each was well spent with relaxation and sleep.
For me, I visited California! I spent it with my dad and relatives. Dad and I visited Catalina Island on St. Patrick’s Day. We listened to intoxicated college students sing karaoke horribly and wandered to the other side of the island, too! My favorite part was tasting the best coffee cake on the boat en route to the island. When I had visited prior, probably ten years ago, I only remember eating the greatest coffee cake of my life from that trip. Having returned, it was just as delicious that I took some home with me! On top of that, I slept through an earthquake (sadly I am proud of that) and attended two different Paleyfest events. It is a two week long event where the cast of a television show do a Q & A with the audience after watching the next episode. Lastly, it is hosted in the Dolby Theater (where the Oscars were held). I saw the cast of “How I Met Your Mother” and “Parks & Recreation”. I also touched Max Greenfield from “New Girl”. I always told myself that I would never be that crazed fun, but I was. He was too busy to get a photo but I was extremely content to have seen him!
Now, back to school stuff. We are in the home stretch! I do not know if that will help out, but optimism is somewhat my strong suit. I will say, my grades could be better than they currently are right now. They definitely could be worse, too. I have simply vowed to finish as strong as possible. As usual, I spread myself too thin which is somewhat biting me in the bottom, but I know that just means I really have to manage my time. The mutual consensus is that not many fellow sophomores have been enjoying this semester. It varies from disliking classes to the teachers to the schedules. I can sympathize in a sense, it has been difficult. I find myself utterly exhausted and watching reruns of “Gossip Girl” or other shows that have no moral values. The desire to detach from reality has increased this semester, but luckily summer is around the corner. I have doing a service trip to Nicaragua to look forward to along with cutting my hair for Locks of Love for the second time. After that, I will be traveling next fall around the world for a Semester at Sea. Woohoo! More traveling, personal and destination exploration! My type of education. Good luck to you all! You will all rock your finals and finish strong!

Sending love and lucky wishes,

Chand

No comments:

Post a Comment